Friday, November 7, 2008

skipping pleasantries

It's a good possibility that most people who will read this know me, or slightly know me - so I'm not giving you an introduction, in spite of this being my first post.
I'd rather not give you any answers to who I am anyway - you and I can figure that out as we go along.
So, with that being said, I'll begin with needlessly giving you an ear full.
First things first - I was able to put my finger on why I don't like starbucks hot chocolate; it feels like drinking a mineral. It's like having a nice cup of finely ground earth. The taste is okay, I'm not a fan of the burnt almond flavour, but it suffices as tasty.
The next piece of randomness I would like to add now is that, I am a huge fan of the game LittleBigPlanet, it's a very well rounded game with an emphasis on fun and creativity, but the thing I love most about the game is the intro.
Best piece of video I've ever seen in a video game. 'cerebellumillical cord' 'stephen fry' - there really isn't much more you can ask from it.
And the last thing on my mind revolves around my last essay I just wrote - on Strauss' view of Locke's doctrine of the natural right.
This essay was a pain, and I think I know why - like a lot people should, I blame Leo Strauss.
Have you ever seen, in a movie or in life when a car tire is going forward, but its rolling 'backwards'? You know what I am talking about? Well, if you can picture that, that is exactly how Strauss' exposition looked like - moving forward and backwards all at the same time. It's not easy to ground something like that, while simultaneously applying it to Locke's second treatise on government. It was difficult to say the least, and I am sure the marking up of the paper will reflect that unintuitive vision that something is going forward and backwards.
ah well - it's done, and I can move on to a philosopher I enjoy a lot more; Althusser, unlike Locke, I feel I could trust you with my stuff. (just not my wife! (if I had one, but really, let's not get technical to ruin the sick joke(I guess I may not ever get a wife, seeing as I would call her 'my stuff')))
likewise, I am done; hopefully you've enjoyed my deflowering of this blog as much as I did! (yeah, it was okay)

No comments: