Saturday, June 6, 2009

old habits

So, I've fallen back into some old habits. None of which I would say are too bad. Reading fiction and loving technology.
Working at an electronics retail store has its disadvantages and its advantages. Seeing people represented as numbers achieved is disheartening, but the discount is great! So I've been racking up a few gadgets and gizmos here and there to say, 'yeah, I can do that.' Of note, I have a cell phone. A real cell phone that does cell-phonish things. I've joined the 21st century 9 years later. It's an LG shine if anyone cares.
On another quick note, I've been reading fiction again. It's been a real long time since I sat down and read something that wasn't mind blowing or perception altering in philosophy. I'm reading Troy: Shield of Thunder, and I like it. Its simple and a good pace. I have a love for historical fiction and this book is right up my alley.
Oh last but not least, I'm going to be looking at dogs today. Me and Ashleigh have always liked dogs, and I think we're ready to have one in our family. Apparently its not a good idea to get a dog until the fall, so we probably won't have one for a while, but I will keep you posted.
Until then, have a good weekend and take care!

No comments: