Friday, January 9, 2009

The new year

Well, I apologize for my prolonged absence. I suppose life has been busy lately.
It's a new year, but you knew that already, right? Not that the changing of the calendar matters to me, I suppose its a nice thing to do, so without further adieu, happy new year!
So, with the festive cheer out of the way, its back to the old grind.
School has opened her sweet arms to embrace me this year, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself this semester. Philosophy of Buddhism, love and sex, and ethics, coupled with an old passion of mine - the roman empire are going to keep me busy with a lifted heart. Have I ever mentioned that I love knowledge? It's a shame its hard for me to go about collecting that treasure on my own. It's hard to convince myself in retrospect, but I do love knowledge and learning - epiphanies instigate goosebumps and a racing heart like no other experience I've had. The sudden burst of knowledge is so exhilarating - why its not my kind of drug is beyond me. On the depressing side, lethargy is my drug, and video games are my dealers. Speaking of which, the frequency of which I have been playing has increased since the winter break. I guess I got a bit of time granted to me, and I filled it up with living in a post-apocalyptic world in Fallout 3, flooding underground tunnels in gears of war 2, and buying downloadable content in littlebigplanet. Ah, what more can be said, I just hope a balance can be found between what I ought to spend my time doing and what I actually spend my time doing. This is my ongoing struggle - its a shame to know your struggle, but I suppose all hope is contained in that knowledge.

In any event, I think I've complained enough for today - my written thoughts only want to come out as negative reflections of myself today, so I won't burden you with my weight.

'til next time I blog, which may not be so seperated form this one, take it easy

No comments: